By Greg W. Zacharias
- Provides a vital, updated connection with the paintings and scholarship of Henry James
- Features the writing of quite a lot of James scholars
- Places James’s writings inside of nationwide contexts—American, English, French, and Italian
- Offers either an outline of up to date James scholarship and a innovative source for learning vital person topics
Read Online or Download A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Oscar Wilde and sleek tradition: The Making of a Legend explores the meteoric upward push, unexpected fall, and mythical resurgence of an immensely influential writer’s recognition from his tense 1881 American lecture travel to fresh Hollywood variations of his dramas. regularly renowned—if now not notorious—for his trendy character, Wilde courted star at an early age.
Polymorphous Domesticities maps out the play of gender, sexuality, and substitute different types of domesticity within the works of 4 glossy ecu and American writers—Edith Wharton, Djuna Barnes, Colette, and J. R. Ackerley. What those 4 writers have in universal is a defiance of patriarchal paradigms of their lives in addition to of their works.
Seminar paper from the yr 2006 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 1,2, collage of Duisburg-Essen (Department of Anglophone Studies), path: nineteenth century novels, language: English, summary: 1. Introduction1. 1 Preface„Charlotte Brontë’s Jane Eyre has usually been defined as a gothic novel, however the kind of myth that's extra evidently liable for its plot constitution and personality improvement is the fairy story.
Scholarly feedback of John Milton's writings has in fresh many years been exotic through a methodological prudence that separates it from other kinds of literary scholarship. One critic, even if, stands except his colleagues and has continuously provided a corrective to this prudence: Balachandra Rajan.
- The Professionalization of Women Writers in Eighteenth-Century Britain
- Narcoepics: A Global Aesthetics of Sobriety
- Temporalities (The New Critical Idiom)
- Shakespeare Survey: Volume 65, A Midsummer Night's Dream
- The Cambridge Companion to Rilke (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
- The Return of King Arthur and the Nibelungen (European Cultures)
Extra resources for A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Henry James (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Greg W. Zacharias