By Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks
- Presents the 1st whole, authoritative reference paintings within the field
- Organized thematically to be used either as a whole advent to the sector or an encyclopedic reference
- Draws on unique essays from major interdisciplinary scholars
- Features the main updated and leading edge learn within the interdisciplinary fields of philosophy, expertise, and their broader highbrow environments
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
There are few scientists of the 20th century whose life's paintings has created extra pleasure and controversy than that of physicist David Bohm (1917-1992). For the 1st time in one quantity, the basic David Bohm bargains a entire assessment of Bohm's unique works from a non-technical point of view.
J. D. Bernal's enormous paintings, technological know-how in background, used to be the 1st complete try and examine the reciprocal relatives of technology and society all through background, from the perfection of the flint hand-axe to the hydrogen bomb. during this amazing research he illustrates the impetus given to (and the restrictions positioned upon) discovery and invention through pastoral, agricultural, feudal, capitalist, and socialist structures, and conversely the ways that technology has altered fiscal, social, and political opinions and practices.
The Oxford guide of the historical past of Physics brings jointly state of the art writing by means of greater than twenty best specialists at the historical past of physics from the 17th century to the current day. through providing a large range of reports in one quantity, it presents authoritative introductions to scholarly contributions that experience tended to be dispersed in journals and books now not simply obtainable to the overall reader.
We love to imagine that technology regularly illuminates. however the aggravating endurance of the idea that of organic determinism—the fake concept that human habit is genetically mounted or inherently programmed and for that reason isn't at risk of swift change—shows that clinical study and ideas could be distorted to strengthen an inhumane and occasionally lethal political time table.
- The Ethics of Killing Animals
- Worlds of ScienceCraft: New Horizons in Sociology, Philosophy, and Science Studies
- Theories of Scientific Progress: An Introduction
- Cassell's Book of Birds - Volume I
- "The Sigma Passion" Part 1 (Noetic Positivism)
- Scientific Realism: A Critical Reappraisal (The Western Ontario Series in Philosophy of Science)
Extra resources for A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to the Philosophy of Technology (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Jan Kyrre Berg Olsen,Stig Andur Pedersen,Vincent F. Hendricks