By John Phillips
John Phillips, English geologist (1800-1874)
This e-book provides «A Treatise on Geology», from John Phillips. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Introductory View Of The gadgets Of Geological Science
- basic Reasonings in regards to the Substance Of The Globe
- sequence Of Stratified Rocks
- natural is still Of crops And Animals
- ancient View Of The Stratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Post-tertiary And glossy Deposits
- Unstratified Rocks within the Crust Of The Earth
- Mineral Veins
- sleek results of warmth within the Globe
- country Of Geological Theory
- renowned perspectives And in your price range purposes Of Geology
Read Online or Download A Treatise on Geology PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
There are few scientists of the 20th century whose life's paintings has created extra pleasure and controversy than that of physicist David Bohm (1917-1992). For the 1st time in one quantity, the basic David Bohm bargains a accomplished assessment of Bohm's unique works from a non-technical viewpoint.
J. D. Bernal's huge paintings, technology in historical past, used to be the 1st complete try and examine the reciprocal family members of technology and society all through heritage, from the perfection of the flint hand-axe to the hydrogen bomb. during this notable examine he illustrates the impetus given to (and the restrictions positioned upon) discovery and invention through pastoral, agricultural, feudal, capitalist, and socialist platforms, and conversely the ways that technology has altered monetary, social, and political views and practices.
The Oxford instruction manual of the background of Physics brings jointly state-of-the-art writing by way of greater than twenty major specialists at the background of physics from the 17th century to the current day. through proposing a large range of experiences in one quantity, it presents authoritative introductions to scholarly contributions that experience tended to be dispersed in journals and books no longer simply obtainable to the overall reader.
We love to imagine that technological know-how continuously illuminates. however the annoying patience of the idea that of organic determinism—the fake concept that human habit is genetically mounted or inherently programmed and accordingly isn't really vulnerable to fast change—shows that medical learn and ideas may be distorted to boost an inhumane and infrequently lethal political time table.
- Elise Boulding: Writings on Peace Research, Peacemaking, and the Future (Pioneers in Arts, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Practice)
- Letters from Lake Como: Explorations on Technology and the Human Race: Explorations in Technology and the Human Race (Ressourcement: Retrieval & Renewal in Catholic Thought)
- Doctors beyond Borders: The Transnational Migration of Physicians in the Twentieth Century
- A Summary of Scientific Method (SpringerBriefs in Philosophy)
- Lehrbuch Der Botanik (German Edition)
Additional resources for A Treatise on Geology
A Treatise on Geology by John Phillips